Celebrate the richness of the historical monuments of india, we have gathered 5 most famous historical monuments of india which are the mirror of our country’s glorious past and charismatic present.
- Hampi in Karnataka
- Gwalior Fort in Madhya Pradesh
- Monuments of Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu
- Hill Palace Museum in Thripunithura in Kerala
- Fatehpur Sikri in Agra in Uttar Pradesh
1. Hampi in Karnataka
- Hampi is listed among the UNESCO declared world heritage sites located near Hospet town.
- The place is boasted with more than 500 plus monuments and is surrounded by boulder-strewn hills.
- People love visiting this place and enjoy watching, aquatic structures, ancient markets, temples, royal pavilions and treasury buildings.
- The major attraction of this place includes Virupaksha Temple, Achyuta Raya’s Temple and Hazara Rama Temple.
2. Gwalior Fort in Madhya Pradesh
- The Gwalior Fort is one of the most amazing and spectacular forts in Gwalior known for its magnificent architecture.
- The fort is the witness of great events such as imprisonments, battles and jauhars.
- A narrow road leads to the fort dotted with carved statues of Jain Tirthankaras.
- The attraction of the Gwalior Fort is the Gujari Mahal.
3. Monuments of Mahabalipuram in Tamil Nadu
- Being one of the finest architecture from Pallava dynasty the group of monuments from Mahabalipuram are the charm of south india tour packages.
- Dates back to 7th and 8th century, the structures will carved out of rock which was found on Coromandel Coast back then.
- The monuments are known for its special carvings like rathas, mandapas and huge open air structures.
- The major attractions are Rathas (temples in shape of chariots) and temple of Rivage.
4. Hill Palace Museum in Thripunithura in Kerala
- This is one of the first and finest heritage museums in India hat are compact with the erstwhile Maharaja of Kochi.
- Built in 1865, the complex is compact with 49 buildings in Kerala architectural style along with 52 acres terraced land having deer park and offers horse riding facility.
- Entho-archaeological museum comprising with oil paintings, murals, sculptures, inscriptions, belongings of Royal family of Kochi.
- Major attractions include 200 antiques of pottery, ceramic vases from Japan and China, Kudakkallu, granite rock-cut weapons from Stone Age.
5. Fatehpur Sikri in Agra in Uttar Pradesh
- It is listed among UNESCO declared world heritage sites and an intefral part of Golden triangle tours.
- The town of Fatehpur Sikri is an excellent specimen of Mughal architecture.
- The city was established by Akbar and served as Mughal capital for 10 long years until Akbar shifted to Agra.
- The major attraction of Fatehpur Sikri includes Buland Darwaza, Diwan-I-Khas and Panch Mahal.